#depression #mentalhealth #depressionawareness
How To Diagnose Depression | Depression Screening Tests | What Are Tests For Depression By HealthyMinds World
Depression is the most common mental health disorder globally, it is estimated that 10 to 15% of the population has clinical depression.
Depression is a silent mental health disorder that can go undiagnosed for years together & sometimes for even decades.
Key Indicators Of Clinical Depression:-
– Depressed Mood
– Markedly diminished interest or pleasure in almost all activities
– Physical agitation
– Fatigue or loss of energy
– Feelings of worthlessness or excessive guilt
– Reduced ability to think, concentrate or indecisiveness
– Significant distress or impairment.
Depression Screening Tests
With this period of time, efficient clinical depression screening tests have been developed.
It is a two-part questionnaire that is highly reliable in identifying the likelihood of depression.
The tests are:
– The Patient Health Questionnaire-9 (PHQ-9) – a 9-item self-administered diagnostic screening and severity tool based on current diagnostic criteria for major depression.
– Beck Depression Inventory (BDI) -a 21-question multiple-choice self-report that measures the severity of depression symptoms and feelings.
– Zung Self-Rating Depression Scale – A short survey that measures the level of depression, ranging from normal to severely depressed.
– Center for Epidemiologic Studies-Depression Scale (CES-D) an instrument that allows patients to evaluate their feelings, behavior, and outlook from the previous week.
– Hamilton Rating Scale for Depression (HRSD)- also known as the Hamilton Depression Rating Scale (HDRS) or abbreviated to HAM-D is a multiple-choice questionnaire that doctors may use to rate the severity of a patient’s depression.
Kindly Subscribe to our Channel for more videos on Mental Health: />
Watch More of Our Videos:
How To Diagnose Depression: />
What Is Clinical Depression: />
What Is Anxiety Disorder: />
How do we know if we have anxiety: />
How To Know If You Are Falling Into Depression: />
Follow us on other Social Media:
Official Website: /
Official LinkedIn Page: /
Official Instagram Page: /
Official Facebook Page: d
For more Updates on our Programs visit: /
For More Updates on our Courses: /
Read our Blogs: /
Weekly Newsletter | EleMental: /
Email us for any query: firstname.lastname@example.org
#youtube #youtuber #youtubers #youtubevideos #youtubechannel #mentalhealth #mentalhealthawareness #selfcare #selflove #love #anxiety #motivation #depression #health #mentalhealthmatters #mindfulness #life #wellness #loveyourself #fitness #inspiration #healing #happiness #positivity #positivevibes #covid #quotes #therapy #mindset #meditation #mentalillness #instagood #happy #psychology
About HealthyMinds World
We are a mental health awareness & digital therapy platform which assists people to become more aware about the prevalent mental health issues & also help people who are seeking therapy. We have some of the best mental health professionals who have years of experience in their relevant field.
The content on our platform is curated by some of the best faculty which includes mental health warriors like psychologists, psychiatrists, therapists & volunteers. We spread awareness through our website & social media channels.
The organization was started in the initial stages of #COVID when the world was grappling with tremendous stress & anxiety due to the pandemic & it’s prevailing consequences on mental health.
Read about Us: /